Adventures in a black maple box

Life has just gotten a little more interesting...

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Happy 1st Birthday To My Beautiful Boy Gordon

Wow. He's one year old and I can't believe it. The year went by so slow at times (mostly in the first couple months when every night was like a new day) and yet so fast, especially over the last few months. I wish I could convey to you all of the most wonderful moments I've had with Gordon over the past year, but there are too many and most of them can't be put into words, for they've left a very special kind of impression on my heart. And now here we are, on a very momentous day in his life. To be technically correct, he's celebrating his second birthday, for a year ago was the first true birth day. But we decided not to get technical and had a blast celebrating his "first" birthday.

The day was full of family, friends, food, cake, balloons, streamers, and of course, presents! Gord was so full of excitement that he had a hard time napping today, which left him a little cranky at times, but he was easily distracted by everything going on around him. We were lucky enough to have my brother and sis-in-law come to visit with my beautiful baby niece Alex and it was fun seeing Gord trying to pet her head while I cautiously repeated "gentle, gentle". So cute. I guess the best way to get the picture of the day across is to do just that, post the pictures.













Happy birthday Gordon! Mommy loves you so much!

6 Comments:

  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Beechball said…

    Those were beautiful pictures... Happy birthday to the little mr. man... You've both done such a wonderful job with him!! He's soo cute, love those lil bottom teeth he's got.. awww, and the piece of cake was bigger than piece i've ever had, ever! haha

     
  • At 1:40 AM, Blogger Melinda said…

    I'm with Lyndsay - what adorable pictures!! I can't believe how cute your little guy is!

    Love the way he's gazing at that chocolate cake in the last picture. Just wait till his next birthday - when he can actually say what he's thinking when he sees his cake.

    Glad you all had such a wonderful day! Wish I could have been there...

    love,
    Mel

     
  • At 6:14 AM, Blogger Laura Coubrough said…

    Soooooo cute Kim!
    I wish I could have come.
    I remember my neices first birthday.. she had birthday cake down her back... not sure how that happened.

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Yayagirl said…

    phew, i was wondering if you'd ever post again! LOL

    I LOVE his grin! It's so contagious! Did he get a new highchair?

    Alex looks so petite and precious...i wish we were all not so far away, especially now since we ALL have kids! (except Lynds but that wedding is coming up so who knows what the following year will bring;))

    that was a HUGE piece of cake and he looks so excited to endulge...what a guy!

    Love you Gord!!

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger lynds said…

    Awww.. those pictures are so great!! He really does have a contagious smile :) Such a cutiepie! :):)

    To Ann - hahhaahahahahahahaaaa... keep dreaming :D

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger Tam's thoughts said…

    Alex is such a beautiful girl. Just like her mom:) It was nice to be there to wish Gordie a 1st b-day it was the best day trip ever. Oh ya it was nice to see you two also. See you on Saturday

     

Post a Comment

<< Home