Adventures in a black maple box

Life has just gotten a little more interesting...

Saturday, February 03, 2007

"Why are you pants?"

So the question has recently been raised as to the meaning behind the blogger profile pic. Come on, there has got to be someone who knows me who understands what this means?!

*Hint*: I'm a really big nerd. I'm warning you, I mean really big.

Anyway, I did something today that I never, ever, ever, thought I'd ever do in my life. EVER! I bought tickets to a Rod Stewart concert... (head hanging shamefully). And it's not like I just bought them off some guy for two bucks who was desperate for some cash...oh no...I literally set up the laptop half-hour early, put Gord down for a nap strategically timed so as to not have any disturbances when the tickets became available for sale at 10am, repetatedly refreshed the page every two seconds starting at 9:55am and pounced for the best seats as soon as I was able to purchase. The night before I even navigated through the ticket purchasing process which almost accidentally left me with two tickets for The Rankin Family tomorrow night. Yikes! But at the end of it I ended up getting GREAT seats for the big Rod Stewart fan...Steve.

HA! Just joking, it was really for my mom. Knowing what a huge fan she is of the guy and that she would probably not get tons of opportunities like this to see him, I convinced her to come to London, have a visit with Gord and get in a good show all at once. After much arm twisting she agreed and then it was all up to me to make sure I came through and got her the good seats I promised. Even though I'm not a "fan", I still grew up listening to the music and know a lot of the lyrics anyway. And he's a big time star so it's sure to be a good show. I think it'll just be great to attend a concert with my mom too, the only other time we did, I was 13 and we were in Ottawa, outside in the pouring rain and a thunderstorm (which might I add my mom is deathly afraid of) and we were watching five little ant-sized specs who were known as New Kids On The Block. It's about time I returned the favour for that one don't ya think?!

Anyway, that was the big news of the day for me. But in other concert news, we are heading out to see The Tragically Hip on Monday night. I'm so pumped and if they don't play At The Hundredth Meridian I'm going to change Gord's name to Bob.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Dave said…

    My favourite is Nautical Disaster.

    And yes....I get it now.

    Nerd.

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger Burnie said…

    Well I don't...Guess I'm too old. Someone fill me in ahhh..????

    Kim you are such a good daughter...I'm sure you will really enjoy the concert also...
    Just because old folks like him it doesn't mean he not as good as the "Hip"...:P

     
  • At 1:29 AM, Blogger Melinda said…

    Wow - weird coincidence - my parents went to see Ol' Rod this weekend in Toronto (my dad bought my mom tickets as a Christmas present).

    Soooo jealous that you're going to see The Hip - they always put on such a good show. I hope your son gets to keep his cool name & you get to hear you favourite song...

    miss you :)

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Laura Coubrough said…

    For us this week it'll be the Raptors and a BNL concert but knowing them you never know, they may play hundredth meridian too.
    Have fun!
    Got the jeans thing now... should have figured ;)

     
  • At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Yayagirl said…

    my dad and stepmom went to see him last year too...hmm..intersesting it's all the parents that wanna see him huh? hehe

    you'll have fun no matter what..he'll be entertaining and you'll be with your mom AND hey..you'll be OUT! LOL

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Blogger Beechball said…

    I don't get it! *waaahhhh*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home