Adventures in a black maple box

Life has just gotten a little more interesting...

Monday, May 28, 2007

Dress warm, it's cold inside.

It's an annual tradition. Just about this time every year I have to complain about it. So bear with me would ya? The warm weather has initiated the mass uncovering of air conditioners nationwide. Of course, it's a necessity on the days that reach in the high twenties or unbearable thirties. What I have a beef with is the temperature people set their ACs to, particularly malls, restaurants, and my work.

In the winter we set our household to 22.7 celsius (73 F). That's the room temperature I feel comfortable at...when wearing a sweater, long pants, and fuzzy socks. In the summer, we'll set our room temperature to around 24-25 celsius (76-77F) because this is the temperature I'm comfortable when wearing a tank, shorts (and the like) and bare feet. Am I the only one who finds this logical? Apparently, since I have to pretty much bring a change of clothes everywhere in the summer. With air conditioners blazing, indoor areas other than my house feel absolutely FREEZING to me and I'm stuck wearing my sweater and having my toes chilled to the bone (unfortunately I don't have much toe fat to insulate them...wait, maybe that makes me fortunate...I'm not sure yet). By the time we are done with winter, the last thing I want is to wear warm clothes, and if I have to put another sock on I'm going to self-appoint myself leader of the coalition against air conditioners. It just seems ridiculous to me that people go so crazy, setting their temps lower than what I keep my house at in the winter. Yes, granted, that first initial wall of cold you hit when you enter somewhere on a hot day gives a euphoric feeling, but every breathe I take brings me one step closer to a brain freeze.

Excuse me while I step outside to bring my toes back to flesh tone... That is all.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Disgruntled said…

    my husband and i ALWAYS fight over the thermostat temperature in our house--both in the winter and the summer. he likes it freezing and i, like you, like to be able to move my appendages without them falling off from frostbite. except now that i'm preggers, it has somehow reversed. i am hellfire hot all the time and he's always cold. wtf?

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    I completely sympathize with you. But didn't Mr. D. get the memo? Father's-to-be have no rights. Have a box of tissue ready when you inform him of this.

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Tam's thoughts said…

    I guess we wont see you here this summer. We both like it cool in here. I hate being hot in a t-shirt. As for the heat in the winter. We pay for heat and we are comfortable at 68-70 anything else is to hot for us. We don't expect you to turn your heat down or air up for us. We don't mind dressing for your place. I guess we won't be seeing you at our place then, unless you bring socks and slippers and maybe winter coats:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home